A couple of months ago, I got myself a brand new Alza. The reason I bought the car was because I wanted to get WVT**** plate number. So, to get my favorite number, I must bid at JPJ. Today’s post is going to be about bidding in JPJ.
1. The first step is to choose your number.
2. Next, identify whether your number is categorised in the special numbers. These numbers are more expensive.
3. Select which JPJ state that you want your vehicle to be registered. I chose KL.
4. Go to www.jpj.gov.my to check when your selected number is open for bidding. Be ready by downloading their form online.
5. You need to prepare wang kiriman pos as a payment for your bidding. You need to pay half of the amount you are bidding. My number was a normal number which costs RM300. Hence, I went to the nearest post office to get wang pos for RM150.
6. Once the bid is open, I went to Maju Junction JPJ to send in my application form with the wang pos. Go to the nombor giliran counter first, so that your form is checked by the customer representative. If all is good, you can drop your form in the designated box.
Next step is to wait for the results to be out. When the results is out, you can wait for the letter to arrive or you can call and ask the JPJ branch that you sent your form. I called and they mentioned that I must collect the letter a week later at JPJ Wangsa Maju (not in Maju Junction). Go to kaunter 5 to collect the letter. Kaunter 5 is located in the first floor.So, you need to take the stairs. To get there is kind of complicated, so you may ask people for direction.
After getting the letter, come down to kaunter 2 and pay the balance money. In my case, RM150 is my balance. Get the receipt and submit it to your car dealer.
For your information, you must pay the balance money wiyhin 30days and also register the number to any vehicle within 60days. Hope this post is helpful for you coz I had a tough time finding out about the process. Hehehe…